Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Hangover....

Christmas is easily one of my favorite times of year. It takes a backseat to a nice spring/summer day when I can sit outside and listen to music and grill and enjoy a beer.

But Christmas has such a feeling, so much that surrounds it that it is hard not to enjoy.

Until it is over. Holy shit what a Christmas hangover! With now two kids and having traveled for the holiday, we won't be caught up financially or have our home back in order till God knows when.

Setting up for Christmas is such a joy. Within like two hours you get everything from the attic, you set it up, you enjoy it. Putting it away is like a 4 day event. We spent one day getting empty boxes from the attic. Then another day packing them. Then they sat in the living room for a day. And eventually, dammit, I'll get them back in the attic!

When getting all your Christmas stuff down, you refer to it through memories, and countless stories. When putting it away it is crap and junk you can't believe you have.

I've always thought if I won the lottery I'd be smart with my money and use it for good and spread it amongst family and friends. I can tell you one thing though, if I was butt ass rich, I'd throw all this Christmas crap away each year and by new once December rolled around again.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is more fun with little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until the weeks that follow where your oldest is a major brat from being spoiled. I could blame myself, but it is just too easy to blame someone else instead :)

    ReplyDelete