Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 2: Crab Stuffed Mahi (January 7)

I promise to do all 30 recipes, when I get them up, may be a day or two late! Also, I am doing my best to write down amounts to get an exact recipe but it really slows down the cooling and yanks a bit of fun out of it, so most of this is still an educated guess!

I am not big on fish, but I do love shellfish. We wanted something good and different and to go well with a nice white wine.

Crab Stuffing
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup cubed bread (I used some leftover baguette)
1/4 copped green onions
8 ounce crab meat (I used claw meat to save on money, but I would recommend jumbo lump if you can swing it)
1 egg (beaten)
1 Tablespoon Old Bay (the seasoning of the Gods)
4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped (no seeds or ribs)
Juice of 1/2 lime

Toss the bread with the milk and let sit till moist. Combine remaining ingredients and stire to combine.

Pre-heat over to 350.

Take two fresh mahi fillets and cut a small pocket in each. Seasoning with creole seasoning and garlic powder. Open and stuff each with a 1/4 of the crab stuffing (as you can see, that is only half the stuffing, we will refrigerate the remainder for Day 3's recipe).

Place the stuffed mahi fillets in an oiled oven proof sauce pan. Bake f or 25 minutes.

Lemon Rosemary Sauce

1/4 cup white wine
1 Tablespoon Rosemary
1 Tablespoon Old Bay
Juice of half lemon
4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Milke (I don't use heavy cream to cut at least some calories!)

Set oven to broil.

Remove from oven and place over medium heat. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add butter and let melt. Add remainder ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.

Place in oven to broil for 2 minutes.

Plate stuffed fish and spoon the sauce over top. I served mine with some garlic bread, steamed green beans seasoned with a bit of butter, salt and pepper and a lemon wedge.

Crab Stuffing

Bout to make the sauce!

The finished product (I shouldn't have covered the stuffing with sauce for presentation purposes)

No comments:

Post a Comment