Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 7: Outback (January 12)

I am on a cooking hiatus for the week for a few reasons. One, I am tired. Two, the pantry and fridge are bare, and three, today was my little girl's 3rd birthday!

We gave her the choice of going to two of our favorite places to eat. Sticky Fingers Ribhouse or Outback Steakhouse. She chose the land down under!

We had a decent group of 6 adults, my 3 year old and my 6 month old. Outback is in no way fancy enough to garner reservations but I do really enjoy their call ahead seating. The Outback near us can easily be packed on 4:30 on a weeknight, so calling ahead for a party of 6+ is a must.

Anyone reading this has probably been to Outback so you know the food is good. But this night I decided to switch up my normal steak and (something, be it shrimp, lobster tail, etc) and decided on the Pork Tenderloin. I'd also be trying their green beans for the first time.

I have to say, this pork tenderloin rivals their steaks! The portion was huge, the meat was perfectly cooked and sliced and served with a sweet and tangy sauce. I opted for a baked potato which was cooked to perfection, as though they had actually cooked it just for me and it had not been sitting under a heat lamp. The green beans were possibly the best vegetable I have ever eaten. Done with (my guess) oil, salt and pepper, they were lightly seasoned and fresh.

I would easily go back and order this again, possibly even over a steak! Now if they'd just pair it with shrimp.

--------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: As much as I try to measure each ingredient, a majority of the measurements included in this recipe are guesstimated but well within reason. I cannot guarantee that using this exact recipe will yield the same result I had so please taste as you cook. Improvise, enjoy, these are recipes for real (yes, that was cheesy).

No comments:

Post a Comment